Thursday, March 20, 2008
Three Months
So the countdown has begun. In three months from tomorrow, I will be flying away to Mauritania. Thus far, I have been practicing my French, creating a packing list, and "meeting" future volunteers that will be in my group with me. In less than three months, we will all meet in Atlanta. While the days between my placement and the invitation arriving seemed like an eternity, it already feels like the time is flying by. I can't believe March is almost over. In May, I'll leave my job, see Adam graduate, and go to the beach. Then June's here. Going away party. Then going away! The fact that I'm leaving everything behind, minus what I can carry on my back, hasn't overwhelmed me yet. I'm so excited to start this adventure! I'm more overwhelmed by having to go through all of my possessions, decide what stays and what goes and what to give to goodwill and what to throw away. I'm overwhelmed by having to move. Even if I reduce my stuff, I HATE moving. (Though it wouldn't appear this way, with as many times as I've moved in Asheville!) It's overwhelming to think of what I DON'T have yet. Overwhelmed about packing. But just three more months! It will be a relief to be over the preparation and on to RIM! I'll try to keep this blog updated. We'll see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'll keep my on your star.
Post a Comment